Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How to Add, Change or Remove SECONDARY email accounts

BACKGROUND

I have read various posts regarding Adding, Changing or Removing SECONDARY email accounts, some years ago I was able to do this myself online without a problem.  I believe Optus has since removed this option for their customers and we now need to call Optus to manage our secondary email accounts.  I have verified that there is no option in My Account or Webmail to allow you to do this.

So I called Optus and was informed that they are only dealing with urgent requests over the phone and I should use their messaging app or online chat.  I sent Optus a chat query online and after a lot of explaining and time wasted I was passed via several people who seemed to have poor knowledge on this subject and I ended up getting nowhere.  The last word was that once you create a secondary account neither Optus or anyone else can not remove it.  I am sorry but I don't believe this response given the poor support and hence I am appealing to the Optus community for some help.

HELP REQUIRED

1) Why did Optus remove this option for customers to manage their own secondary email accounts?

2) Does anyone know how to have a secondary account removed?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to Add, Change or Remove SECONDARY email accounts

@Cosmos  Is the secondary email address listed when you log into your Optus Account? If so I believe you should be able to manage your email addresses from there. 
If the secondary address is not listed then for some reason it is not linked to your account.
I have read that account numbers that start with hidden need direct intervention from Optus support.

As far as the phone support goes if the above does not help, I would call back, ignore the prompt to press 1 and wait for the options. Just explain that you have been through chat go nowhere and would like the issue fixed. 

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tigers1719, thanks for your reply.  No the secondary accounts is not visible online but Optus confirmed on the chat that they were linked to my primary account.  I will take your advice and speak to them as it's too easy for them to pawn you off on a chat session.  Will post a solution as soon as I have resolved this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Cosmos, same problem as you, I await the result of your efforts. I'm really cheesed off with the amount of time I've wasted on this issue.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too am trying to mange my secondary email accounts. Waiting for a answer to your questions

Tags (1)
0 Kudos