Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ERich284
New Contributor
New Contributor

Freeze prepaid SIM whilst overseas

Is it possible to freeze my prepaid SIM account whilst I am overseas for no cost? I am yet to have a date of return

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Freeze prepaid SIM whilst overseas

You can't freeze prepaid services, the clock continues to run.

The only thing you could do to keep it working, is to keep topping it up.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
ERich284
New Contributor
New Contributor

Apologies, I was incorrect. I am on a plan but have paid off my devices. Am I able to put my plan on hold?
0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You can't put a "plan on hold".
I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"Am I able to put my plan on hold?"

You normally park the number then cancel the plan.

Parking involves porting to a Telco that provides that option for a reasonable price $10 (not Optus I'm afraid).

Read about how here (its very straight forward)

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @ERich284, you can definitely suspend your post-paid service with us. You will need to speak with our billing team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to process this for you. Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Kartika - Suspending still charges customers, please read the customers post prior to proposing solutions.

0 Kudos