Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ro222
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Forwarding of emails after changing to new provider

Hi I’m changing to new nbn provider after over 20 years loyal to Optus. I want to have my Optusnet emails forwarded for 6 - 12 months. How do I arrange that? Cost? Thank you
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Forwarding of emails after changing to new provider

Hey @ro222, thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll be sad to see you go. Generally speaking, Optus net emails are also cancelled if they're in a bundle with your NBN plan. 

If you would further information about this, please chat with our Support team via the Messenger site. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
ro222
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks quick response - so no arrangement possible?
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@ro222An option to look at is a cheap SIM plan that is monthly or 6/12 months and get this setup before cancelling/moving your NBN and make sure it is on the same account as your existing NBN. This way you will still have an Optus account active after moving NBN and your Optus email will not be cut off until your SIM plan is closed.

You will need to manually forward your email and get everyone to change your email address. I suggest getting a google or hotmail or some other 3rd party email account so that when you next change NBN providers you will not need to change your email address.

ro222
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for that. SO you mean get optusnet emails with an ipad plan? DO you know what the cheapest is currently with Optus? Thank you for responding
0 Kudos