Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Fake Optus website - myoptus.net

Another fake Optus website ( myoptus.net ), this time wanting My Account login details.

Image2.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Fake Optus website - myoptus.net

Thanks for raising this @YetAnotherAcc

We've passed this to our Abuse team to action. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hi @YetAnotherAcc, just wondering if I could bother you for some extra information. 

Our Abuse Team mentioned they did block this website from a previous phishing attempt last year and they advised that the block was still showing in place. Since you were able to access the website, they removed and re-added the block for this.

How did you come across the website? Did you receive a new phishing email recently with this link? If so, please forward the email and its headers to abuse@optusnet.com.au

Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Nard_YC wrote:

Our Abuse Team mentioned they did block this website from a previous phishing attempt last year and they advised that the block was still showing in place.

I don't use Optus' DNS servers so the blocking Optus do never block it for me (or other customers that don't use Optus' DNS servers). In any case, I usually check the domains against Optus' dnsany01.optusnet.com.au DNS, and I'm fairly sure (but can't be 100% positive) that I checked this one as well and didn't notice the redirection. I can definitely see that its redirecting to redirectnotice.optusnet.com.au now.

F.Y.I. The other fake domain ( retail-optus.com ) I reported on Wednesday for example is still not being redirected by dnsany01.optusnet.com.au even though its been over 24 hours since Kyri_YC forwarded the report on.

How did you come across the website?

I just noticed it (and the other one) as newly registered domain names, and did not receive any spam emails/SMS' etc.

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Thanks for clarifying and providing further details on this @YetAnotherAcc.

I've had this passed on to our Abuse Team.

0 Kudos