Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
WLM
New Contributor
New Contributor

Emails deleted in outlook not being deleted on Optus server

I use Outlook on my Mac for my email.  

When I delete an email in Outlook it remains in my webmail inbox and hence on my phone.

I had this problem a month or so but it fixed itself - I seems to have recurred about 3 days OK

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Emails deleted in outlook not being deleted on Optus server

Are you using Outlook on the Phone? Are the accounts setup the same on the two devices both Imap or PoP ?

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
WLM
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am using the standard iPhone mail app on my phone

Both are set up as Imap

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@WLM Have a check of the folder syncronization settings in Outlook.

I am an Optus user.
Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Where do I find this?

I am constantly getting messages from Optus saying that my mailbox has reached its limit.

I would like to remove emails from the Optus server but cannot find anywhere how to do this.

I am using a Macbook Air

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hey there @Theresa2553. I've replied to your other post on a different thread with further instructions. ☺️ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

km584
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately there is no answer when clicking on "Go to solution!"
I really need to know this as, after setting up with outlook 2016 they dont delete when downloaded to outlook or my phone!
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @@Theresa2553, I have copied and pasted Nard's answer for you to see.

Hi @Theresa2553, you're able to delete emails from the service by logging directly into our Webmail Portal and deleting emails of your choice from there once logged in.

Make sure to also empty your trash folder to make sure they're permanently deleted since email sitting in your trash folder also take up space in your inbox.

For further instructions, you can have a look at our Webmail Guide page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

km584
New Contributor
New Contributor

hoping I can get an answer soon, its driving me crazy!

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @km584, have the suggestions offered by the other users in this thread not resolved the issue you're experiencing? 

If not, I advise sending our technical teams a message via the My Optus App so they can assist directly. 

Top Contributors