Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tanlee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email

I am sick of the restriction that Optus puts on emails as I reach my 100% capacity often.  I am over emptying my spam, trash folders to accommodate.

Can I transfer my optus email address to another platform - ie Outlook?  How do I do this please?

Thks Tanya

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Email

Hi @tanlee, thanks for your message. I've flagged your feedback regarding the OptusNet email quota for the relevant teams to review. 

You can use an external email client such as outlook with your OptusNet email. For more info on how to set this up, you can check our 'Using an email application with OptusNet email' guide. You will still be impacted by the OptusNet email quota as you'll still be using our servers. You can check out our 'Email Quota' page for some additional details. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Yes Optus email is pretty frustrating. It's generally only offered because it talks you into staying with Optus (if you ever want to leave then you lose it)

Good news is you can have a play migrating to a free Gmail account. Better security, spam filtering, storage, features etc.

You can import in all your current and new emails easily and move across in your own time. If it falls for you then the optus email is just where you left it. If it works you are now free.

More info than you need but the first of it is in this thread. Good luck

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Importing-emails-to-another-provider/m-p/594390...
tanlee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks so much. I followed your advice.
Jono_YC

No worries @tanlee I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I hope you stay safe and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.