Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jomichel
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email username & password not recognised

I have a mobile broadband service with an optusnet email. I am able to login as usual to my optus account page, but my email is not being recognised when I try to access it on my phone, through Office 365 and through websil.

I have tried accessing directly from the Optus account page. It was working fine yesterday morning and suddenly it stopped and I get the error message Username and passord not recognised.

I run my business from this email so need access.

Anyone else had an issue?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Email username & password not recognised

Hmm, we'll need to take a closer look into this. Have you since chatted to our Faults team to look into this further?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
jomichel
New Contributor
New Contributor

I did a couple of webchat sessions and they supplied a temporary password. But I haven't been able to reset my password as the reset password link isn't working. I have updated the My Account password, but not the web mail one. I'm staying logged in to enable access but suspect I will have issues again if I get logged out.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @jomichael, does the Optusnet email address show up in your Optus.com.au/myaccount? You can add email address, delete email address and change your password via your Optus.com.au/myaccount.

1. Navigate to My Optus Email Accounts
  2. Click Change Password against the email account you need to set a permanent password for
  3. Enter your temporary password in the Current Password field
  4. Enter you preferred password into the New password field and re-enter.

You should then be successfully able to log into webmail or any email client. For Optus email set up instructions for a number of devices, check out → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/using-an-email-application-with-optusnet-email?requestTy.... If you have any other questions, let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jomichel
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, sorry just found time to log back in and check. My email address doesn't show in the home page of the My Account as the service that I have is Mobile broadband. The email is lists against my profile only.

I have already updated my Account password but this password isn't working for webmail.

In My Account I don't have an option to navigate to My Optus Email Accounts

I need to update the webmail password so I can access email remotely.

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm, you will need to link your account to My Account. Could you try resetting it → HERE? Let me know how you go.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
alfabeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi jomichel, 

I'm also an Optus Mobile Broadband user and had exactly the same problem as you. Read on and I'll tell you how I've solved it. 

After working fine for many months, my name@optusnet.com.au email account has suddenly been deleted without warning. That's why we can't log in to it: it doesn't exist! Try sending an email to it (from another account) and the email will bounce with the error message 'Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table' . However there is still a shadow of it there because in MyAccount/Dashboard you won't be able to create a new email account with the same name. 

My email communications are also vitally important to me and I can no longer rely on the amateurs messing around with the customer-facing systems at Optus. I use one of the countless reliable email service providers out there. 

Regards, 

Alfabeck

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hi @alfabeck, really sorry for the inconvenience caused and so sorry on our late reply to your post. Normally if a email stops working this means the service has been ceased (email stays active for 3 months after cancellation of service). Please do let us know Here with your account details and we can investigate this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
alfabeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your kind offer, Aman_B.

However I won't ask you to restore my email account because I'm afraid that something else will be broken in the process - that happened to me once before. In any case, I've abandoned Optus Webmail. 

Regards, 

Alfabeck

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@alfabeck, fair enough. That's not a problem. If you do change your mind, we're always happy to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos