cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email login error

I’ve been having trouble logging in to my email. It first happened yesterday and I chatted with an Optus person who helped me reset the password. Now it is still having issues telling me that there is an error logging on and to check my password and username. I know these are correct. I saw multiple posts of the same issue from July 2020 - Optus answered it was a known problem and they were working on resolving the issue. The issue is either still not been resolved or it’s happening again. Please help, I really need my emails.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Email login error

Hey @Yellowbear1 - Thanks for your question here.

To clarify, was this a My Account or a Optusnet Account that you were having troubles with and has there been changes to your service at all besides the password reset you have just done?

It's likely that our team will need to take a look into this to address the specifics into why this isn't working. If you can please message our team using this link here, I'm confident they can assist.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have had some changes to my services. I’ve moved some of my services from a business account to a personal account. I also got help yesterday setting up my “my Optus” account to access my bills etc. because my old password was only attached to my home internet which is still under a business account type.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also, it’s a Optus Webmail problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for clarifying with us @Yellowbear1.

We'll definitely need to investigate and I'm confident our team will be able to assist through the link I have sent. If you continue to have troubles, let us know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi Optus -

this has happened at least 8 times since July.20 -  this is 8 times that I have logged.. therefore, probably more..

this time, Optus mail has been out since early Saturday mng, 3rd October.20

I spent another FRUSTRATING time dealing with Optus via Live-Chat on Saturday -  where she ADMITTED that the Optus webmail server is having problems...

BUT, Optus do NOT DISPLAY problems on the "OUTAGES " page - it is disgusting that we, consumers, have to waste hours.. when Optus does NOT have the simple decency to do an Online post..

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi again, you mentioned a link? But if you’ve sent it to my email, that’s where I’m having the problems so I won’t get it. I found the forum discussion about the issue in July, they said that the issue had a reference Number of 22841747. I’m thinking it’s the same issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you're having troubles, you can speak to our Messenger team here  who will be able to assist with this particular issue and resolve it. If they're unable to resolve it, they will have it raised specifically for you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Steven -

fob us off AGAIN - 

since July, if I add up the hours that I have wasted on this OPTUS Problem, it would be DAYS of Hours..

Messenger on Saturday well, they FINALLY admitted the Problem.. and said wait & they will send sms when fixed..

well, NEITHER has happened... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you continue to have troubles with the issue, please feel free to send our Official Facebook or Twitter a direct message and we can take it from there.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors