Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Brahms12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email Malfunction

I believe my email has been hacked.  For 3 days now I cannot access it. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Brahms12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Email Malfunction

I am not a new member - I have been a member of Optus for years
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hi @Brahms12 - thanks for messaging us here about this here. We can definitely take a look into this and see what has happened to assist. Please feel free to message our Messaging team via the My Optus App or via Facebook/Twitter and we can help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Brahms12  There has been various reports of email issues recently. 
Due to Privacy concerns Optus Staff have no access to user accounts to Optus customer details in the Yes Crowd.
You will have to contact Optus directly via Chat, the my Optus app, Facebook or Twitter or Telephone 133 937 8am-8pm 7 Days a week.

I am an Optus user.
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep have many clients reporting Optus is rejecting all their emails as spam.  Tried sending to my own Optus account and it also got bounced. 

The message identifier is: 1mRijl-0001Ha-JH
The subject of the message is: What is wrong with Opus mail servers
The date of the message is: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 08:23:04 +1000

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

hidden
Delay reason: H=extmail.optusnet.com.au [211.29.133.14]:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<hidden>:
421 4.7.0 Closing communication.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi there @Yeldarb, it's not good to see you're experiencing this issue with your email service. I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App or Messaging page so we can take a closer look at your individual account for you.  

If you're using an email client such as Outlook, I recommend checking out webmail client settings guide to ensure everything is set up correctly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It's an Optus SMTP rejection of incoming mail from multiple private email accounts going to multiple Optus email accounts. Not specific to my account and I just assumed it was a hiccup in the system. 

0 Kudos