Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DJChambo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email Address changes

I have had an Optus account for approximately 30 years using the same main email address. You used to be able to go into your account settings and add or remove additional email addresses. At that time you were allowed up to 5 addresses on your account.

How can i now access my account and remove my children's addresses that are not used any more and add some new addresses that i want to use now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Email Address changes

@DJChambo You will need to contact Optus directly. Please message Optus Support 24/7 from the My Optus app. If you do not have access to the My Optus app you can use social media to contact Optus Support, please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message you do not have access to the My Optus app.

If you are looking for extra email accounts I would go with one of the free providers Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo. They have better security and spam protection and can be used from any Internet Service.
There have been a large number of complaints recently with regards to Optus Email hopefully they have got on top of the issues. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
DJChambo
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@DJChambo I was given the advice years ago to not use Internet Provider supplied email accounts.

One of the classic ploys by Business Retention Staff from Internet providers is try and keep your business because of the work involved in migrating email.

If you need extra accounts setup some free ones as Is suggested.

The email accounts that are not visible in your Optus Account can you log into them?

Do you have the My Optus app on your Mobile Phone? Sometimes you can see more in the app than on a computer. You don't have to have a Phone on the Optus Network to use the app.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @DJChambo, you now need to login into your My Account first → here. Once logged in you click on the hum figure (top right hand corner) and select Member services from the drop down to go to your email settings. If you don`t have access to your My Account then best to speak with our Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further. They can update your child usernames as well. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos