cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Disapointed

This is more of a gripe, than a question.

Ok, I've been with Optus for several years now and have always praised them on great coverage and the bonuses that come along with my service. But...

Recently, I opted in for the $5 mini Fetch TV box deal. I did the order via the online chat and the order seemed have gone through ok, according to the staff I was chatting with. I waited 2 weeks for the box to arrive and ended up contacting Optus, after transferring me a couple of times, they put me through to fetchTv to find the order had been held in process. ok, so I get that sorted and the box arrives 3 days later!. I install the box and it comes up with an error, again I contact Optus via phone and I kid you not, I got transferred 11 times, via Optus and FetchTV just trying to figure out how to get this new offer started on my account. I ended up so frustrated I liturally begged the last 3 people to try and fix this problem. I was on the phone for a total of 1 1/2 hours, no exaggeration. I was mentally exhausted, to say the least....

3 days later, I receive not one box, but 3 yes, THREE!... ok, shaking my head out of disbelief and still dreading the headache I got from the last experience on the phone, I opened ONE box, installed it and BINGO!. I now have FetchTV... phew... But then..

My next bill comes in a few days later with charges on the entire 4 boxes! I'm like, what the... do I really have to go through all this BS again on the phone. After a long drawn out sigh, I rang Optus.. again, got transferred a couple of times and then back to FetchTV department to arrange the return sactuals they are sending out for me to return the extra boxes, gave the Lady, my details, then got put on hold while she was "waiting for the order to go through" and was disconnected several minutes later. So I got a call back from Optus and, in the long run, the order for the return bags was "complete" and will arrive in 3 working days. The Optus staff that rang back said they were going to sort out my account issues and ring me back either that night or the following day around the same time.

It has now been 8 days since that conversation and I have received no return bags, or any phone call. My account is still being charged for 3 fetch boxes. 

What's most frustrating is the fact that every time I was transferred to a new person, they would ask, "Hello, can, I help you?"  It took all my inner strength to keep calm! ... It gets so frustrating having to repeat yourself time after time, I did it 11 times on one phone call.

Optus, you need to implement a better system where the issue is typed into a data base or something. I just want this to go away. 

Ok, Rant over.. *wipes sweat from forehead*

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Disapointed

I'm sure Optus management would be disappointed in that series of events too. After all the net effect here is a lot of wasted $ sending and returning devices, helpdesk tied up for hours, Bad PR (here), one pretty ticked off customer Smiley Sad (And still the situation is not resolved.)

Optus customer support are eager to help but they appear to have set limits. In cases like this where the backend has gotten 'confused' efforts to fix it or work around etc. get fraught. 

In particular I have often said Optus need to better empower their staff  and more importantly make them accountable for what they say they will do. They may not be able to get a Fetch unit delivered but they can definitely make a follow up call after promising to do just that.

FWIW the phone system is over stretched and wait times are often reported way too long. I'd suggest doing Optus LIVECHAT which is 24/7 and you can get a record of what is said.

With your outstanding issue, the bill won't be fixed until the units are returned so hopefully you can get a satchel sent out soon. You won't be liable for any of the costs but they might pile up or require continued contact. If you can swallow the debt for a bit then I'd just keep paying until you get things settled and then ask for a single re-credit (just keep track of what needs to be refunded. 

I'll flag @Dan_C as he's a bit of a wiz at sorting behind the scene snaffus.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Pretty much what you said was spot on. I had to verify my account to each and everyone of them, explain my issue, only to be told they haven't got access or permission to adjust anything. It's crazy.

I do appreciate your advice, there's not a whole lot more I can do. Very frustrated here.

Cheers, Dazz.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @DirtyDazz, completely get your frustration here, and apologies for the runaround. It certainly shouldn't be that difficult to get assistance for this, and the return satchels should normally take 5 business days, so they definitely should have arrived on your end. As @petergdownload mentioned, the charges will appear on the billing side until they're actually cancelled on our end, once returned then the charges are waived. I understand that this is none of your doing and so the extra steps are beyond what you should be required to do to follow up, unfortunately though those are the steps we need to take to get this sorted. 

Would recommend sending through a private message when you can confirming the below details, and we'll take a look and see what's happening with this.

- Full name

- Phone/account number

- DOB

- Are you the account holder: Y:/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, Tano. Pm sent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It seams now that have their equipment back, my account has been forgotten about. I am still being charged for 3 fetch tv boxes. This alone breached our agreed contract. I thought it'd be pretty awesome to have this handy little box for +$5 on my monthly bill. ... it has been nothing but a bad experience and still, it continues..

Ps, you can add 3 more support staff to that list via PM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @DirtyDazz, I've just sent through a private message.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors