Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Direct debit on cable only account

Hi all.  

I've just tried changing a direct debit for a cable account with no other optus service.  I've been through the phone sequence which doesn't allow an operator option and simply directs the customer to online.  The online site then goes in circles and doesn't actually take you to a page to change the direct debit.

Is Optus just completely devoid of customer satisfaction and reduced their service so much that they don't give a crap.  If their battle with ACCC is any indication I can't see any reason to want to sign up for their NBN offering.

Anyone have any experience with other NBN companies?

Thanks

Wazz67 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Direct debit on cable only account

What battle are you referring to? If it's the refund to customers on the NBN for them not able to achieve the speeds they were paying for, most RSP's are doing that.

From what I've seen, the experience on the NBN is really down to your individual area so unless someone on here lives in the same vicinity as you anything they share probably won't apply to you. You can jump onto Telstra's version of this site and see people complaining about the same things. 

Your best bet in my opinion would be talk to any neighbours that have already signed up and ask what their service is like and who they are with. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the issues with your cable direct debit. The HFC network runs on it's own billing system so you will need to use the manual form here → Direct Debit Application Form. As opposed to posting in, feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB, we will check your account and complete the request instead.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey. I resolved the issue by using chat and having that operating call me. It's extremely annoying/ frustrating/ disappointing that Optus are forcing people to use the online path and implementing a website that doesn't cater for that functionality. I am a Vodafone customer for mobile and there is no comparison between the two sites as far as being user friendly and functional. Put simply: Vodafone good, Optus fail. I simply do not understand why Optus choose to treat their customers this way. This is compounded by the way they have treated HFC customers cutting over to the NBN. However for the latter mistreatment they are going to pay the price from the ACCC. Looking at this message gives further insight into Optus' disregard of its website. Vodafone passes the spell check whereas Optus comes up as an unknown word. Telling.
0 Kudos