cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Direct debit not working

On the 9th May this year I updated the direct debit details of my Optus account  with a new card number and expiry date. Despite contacting Optus three times and being assured each time that the direct debit will  work, I have had to pay the last three bills manually. I am now trying the forum in the hope that someone from Optus can actually identify the problem, assure me that the problem has been fixed and also apologize on Optus' behalf for the inconvenience that has been caused. In the case of the latest bill which was due on 6th July, it was clearly stated in My Account that the direct debit was active and that the bill would be paid by direct debit on 6th July (the due date).  Interestingly, when I had direct debit set up on the old card, under "This Bill" on the tax  invoice was a statement that the bill would be paid by direct debit.  This statement has not appeared on my most recent invoice even though under "My Account", as mentioned above, it clearly stated that it would be paid by Direct Debit.  Please don't suggest that I use either the 133937 number or Live Chat as both have proved to be useless.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Direct debit not working

Hi @DavidF2

Thank you for raising this issue.

Please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account. Is there an email address that I can use?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

We do not have an email you can use to resolve this issue. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account you'll need to speak with the Billing team either over the phone on 133 937, using the My Optus app, or by visiting an Optus store.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As I mentioned in my previous post, calling 133937 and Live Chat did not resolve the problem so tried the Optus store option.  As in my previous attempts to resolve the issue, I have been assured that the problem has been addressed but  I won't know if this is the case until I receive the next invoice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry @DavidF2 we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. Would also recommend to get your Optus app /  My Account fixed when you speak with them.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

G'day Kartika,

I wasn't expecting a resolution to my problem on a public forum but was hoping to be given contact details of someone within Optus who could help. My Optus App and My Account both appear to be working and the issue appears to be the linkage between the two and the Optus billing system.  Hopefully, this has been fixed but, as I mentioned, I won't know until the next billing cycle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Things now appear to be working correctly as the direct debit has just been made. The issue was only resolved by going to an Optus shop and then being put in contact with a person in Billing.

0 Kudos