Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Device Assessed: Damaged

Hi There,

Yesterday I received a notice from Optus stating that my returned device is damaged or not in good working order. 

The phone was in perfect working condition and I have 2 witnesses of this when I dropped it to the Optus store on 8th March. They have given me no indication of the damage or problems they witnessed so how am I expected to make the decision to pay either 275 or 225 for the device?

I would like it returned to me so that I can get a third party to check the legitimacy of their claims but i highly doubt they will allow this.

The only information I have is that I dropped a working device to the store on March the 8th.  Then i  can see that this device was not sent away for 10 days until the 18th of March, so I am left to assume any damage occurred in the time it was being held unreasonably on optus premises. Then they have the nerve to state that i must make contact within 5 days or they will just charge me anyway... while all of their customer service is down.....

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Device Assessed: Damaged

Hey funkinnn,

Just a heads up that we're unable to assist with this issue here as we don't have access to customer accounts.

Just confirming that Optus customer service isn't down, just experiencing delays although I understand the point you make. I imagine flexibility will be shown due to the circumstances. Please leave Optus a message via your My Optus app for further assistance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos