cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Michellede
New Contributor
New Contributor

Deleting Emails in Webmail deletes them in Outlook....is there a way I can stop this happening?

I have just deleted my Webmail and it has deleted EVERYTHING even from saved folders in Outlook on my computer and phone!!!! Years ago this didn't happen, it seems to be a relatively new thing.

This is SUPER annoying as I double checked Outlook as I was going to make sure that wasn't happening but because my Optus internet is so ridic 

Is there a setting I can change to keep email in Outlook after deleting from Webmail (otherwise the webmail just fills up and I stop receiving emails at all WITHOUT NOTICE!) 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Deleting Emails in Webmail deletes them in Outlook....is there a way I can stop this happening?

Sounds like Outlook is set to use IMAP instead of POP3.

For explanation see: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Setting-up-Optusnet-Email-POP3-VS-IMAP/td-p/588...
Jack_YC

Re: Deleting Emails in Webmail deletes them in Outlook....is there a way I can stop this happening?

Hi @Michellede, I agree with what @YetAnotherAcc is saying. Please check out the Yes Crowd thread they linked for more details.

I also recommend at taking a look at our Webmail Quota guide for some more info regarding managing your   mailbox size limit. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors