Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Delete stored credit card details

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me solve my problem.  I was updating my personal details on Optus Dashboard which went through OK.  When I was checking my prepaid mobile usage I saw that a $30 topup had been credited around the same time I updated my details.

As I did not do this topup (I had plenty of $$$'s in credit), I rang customer service, and was told to uncheck auto payment, so it did not happen again.  This was not and has never been checked.  I have my credit card details stored just for convenience sake. Optus could not tell me why this had happened, so I decided to remove my card details, following the instructions below.

Remove a stored credit card in My Account

To remove your credit card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log in your My Account profile with your username & password
  2. Select the 'Billing & Payments' option
  3. Click on Setup direct debit under Useful Links.... when I clicked on this there was no list showing the 2 cards I have stored.
  4. Scroll to 'Stored Credit or Debit Cards'
  5. Click Delete next to card you wish to remove
  6. Click 'Confirm Delete

So this is my dilemma.  I know the cards are stored, as I did a fake recharge to the point where it showed part of the card number.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Delete stored credit card details

Heya Beg, this is a strange one 😕 We'll need to get your details to be able to investigate further. I've just sent you a PM.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Its not showing me my stored credit cards?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Britney,

Please check out this link for further info.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The Stored Credit or Debit Cards has not been an option on the page for a year or more. For at least 6 months there has been a message on the Direct Debit page that says WE ARE WORKING ON IT!
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again soon! When the link did work a few years back in late 2015, the cards would be listed and you could select the remove or delete option and follow the prompts but the cards were never removed. It would be great if Optus could fix this, but please Optus, put your web dev teams' time into fixing the online payment process instead. Having to "Report a payment' is comedy in 2017!

Highlighted

Hey @Cumulus, thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry for your ongoing My Account issue. So that we are on the same page just wanted to confirm that you are able to login fine only the Direct Debit option is not working? Can you send us a screenshot of the error you see there. Can you also confirm if you have tried to access it through a different browser? Do you use the My Optus app and if so are you getting the same error for Direct Debit there as well? Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please DM us your details → here. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I simply cannot get my credit card off of my phone 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey, I can't removed a previously stored debit card details which I find surprising considering it accepted another card details no problem!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @SConMel2018 - if you have updated your details, it will automatically replaced any other Direct Debit details stored in our system. 

0 Kudos