Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RichardGJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cost of receiving International Calls

Please kindly confirm that Optus does not charge to receive International Calls. No other companydoes this, previously Optus did not. This month we are being charged to receive calls from ( not TO) New Zealand... I am at a loss to u.detstand why, and the product information makes no mention whatsoever about paying to RECEIVE International Calls
0 Kudos
6 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Cost of receiving International Calls

The only time I can think of that a non-business customer might potentially be charged for receiving calls is by using a phone while roaming internationally or forwarding a call to an internatioal number.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ RICHARDGJ - apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We certainly don't charge for receiving incoming calls  while you are in Australia. but if you are overseas then incoming calls are charged. But this also depends  if you have a roaming pack added  or not. 

If you are in Australia and the call is from a mobile or landline then its certainly not charged. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app. Once you contact us on Facebook or Twitter we'll confirm your account details there and assist with the  usage. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@RichardGJIf the call is a reverse charge call then you will be charged or as @YetAnotherAcc has indicated with regards to international roaming.

0 Kudos
RichardGJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reply via Optus App is I pay... but calls were not revrrse charge or roaming out of Australia. I was told I needed to buy subscribe an International call package to receive int calls at nocharge. I think this is incorrect , that is why I reached out to Yrs Crowd
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @RichardGJ, thanks for getting back to us with an update. Just so we can take a closer look at your account and billing, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The reply that you got was definitely incorrect.

In Australia we have very strong consumer protection laws that would prevent a telco from charging you to receive calls except in very limited circumstances.