cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Correspondence with Support Staff

Is it possible to obtain a copy of my correspondence (via chats and calls) with Optus support staff? Basically, information about the times I have been in touch with Optus for resolution of my issues, what were the issues and what actions were taken by Optus by way of resolution. 

How do I go about obtaining the above information? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Correspondence with Support Staff

Hi @alenee

Thank you for raising this issue.

Please note that we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you’re needing a hand with obtaining the information, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Serena_YC , 

Thanks for the response.. so to be clear Optus does keep records of my correspondence via chats and calls, and I will be entitled to ask for a copy of the same free of charge? Are there any limitations as to the time frame etc.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @alenee, all transactions whether over call or chat are recorded as notes on the account.  There is no charge to get copy of the notes on the account. For more details please contact our support team as advised by @Serena_YC  before.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@aleneeOn the Myapp ask the support person to email you a copy of the sessions you have had since a certain date.

They can only dump sessions in HTML as far as I know and it will come in a bunch of emails and you will have to put the dumps back together in Word or LibreOffice so that are usebale IMHO.

As for phone conversations do NOT take it that Optus's response on yescrowd is correct, but instead goolge to try and find out what optus's policy is in this area and how if you can get the recordings or what you want.

I can only assume you are in the process of gathering details for a formal complaint to Optus and/or TIO.  Best wishes and be aware that the Optus complaint process is slow and they will take almost the full 2 days for the bot to respond and then the 10 days. The case managers are also NON technical and will not be able to help you out with any technical issue or refer your technical issue to anyone who will get back to you based on my experience.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I wasn't able to find any clear information online for the Optus policy regarding call recordings, however, thanks @AndrewC1  for your detailed response, gives me a clear idea of what to expect 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Kartika 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors