Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Close Wireless Account

I have been trying to close my account for days. Cannot online, Cannot though app, Cannot call.
Now I am in a new billing month. Just close my account now..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Close Wireless Account

I know it's not ideal, but our customer care staff are only handling critical enquiries (for the moment). We're in the process of organising additional support teams, but this will take some time. 

All I can suggest for now is not paying the disputed amount. If you have a direct debit setup, cancel it via My account.

Until April 30th, we're:

· Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020

· Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

Once we've resumed normal operations, we'll be able to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the update.

I have cenceled the auto payment as per your advice. I will try to call again next month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Great! Sorry, it's the really only suggestion that came to mind.

We'll work through any excess charges with you once we're back to normal (as normal as we can operate during these times). 

We'll  be sure keep everyone updated as to the current situation. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Can I please get someone to call me regarding my account? I finally got though to the cancelations team today and cancelled my 4G Internet. I was advised that I will have to pay up until today.

I find it disgraceful that Optus would not let me cancel my account for over a month and then have the gall to charge me for this time. I would like to talk to someone from Optus before I take this matter further.

Thanks

0 Kudos