cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Miggy1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cannot register for new account. NBN installed and modem working. Original phone number not retained

I set up a new Optus connection for a friend. Helped her sign up for NBN Fixed Wireless bundle. Local, National and Mobile calls included. Ticked option to retain her phone number . Now she has an Optus internet connection, a NEW number and 2 phones, 1 of which is billed by Telstra that Optus did not cancel. I have been trying since Thursday 14th Nov to create an account for her but the application page does not proceed past “I agree” There has been no confirmation by email of the connection and no Account number received.

The live chat could not connect. 

My friend is 84. She does not need a massive phone bill + Internet. That’s why she went for the bundle. 

Tags (1)
2 Replies
JoonG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot register for new account. NBN installed and modem working. Original phone number not reta

Ok, so I have finally registered my friend as per this new login from her new account (as above)

When I signed JoonG up, I ticked the box where it said "keep your existing phone number"

This has not happened. She now has two phones connected. 1 with optus NBN and 1 with Telstra still. 

She is very confused at this stage and is fraught with the idea of having to change her phone number now and lose all her contacts who have her old number. Please Optus can you fix this by giving her old number back?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Miles_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cannot register for new account. NBN installed and modem working. Original phone number not r...

Sorry to see that you've been having trouble, @JoonG. Could you please get your friend to PM us here so that we can assist further?