cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancelling my contract early

What happens to my number when I cancel my contract
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancelling my contract early

Are you talking mobile or landline?

Either way you generally sign up for a new service first. Most telcos have a spot to say you want to transfer your number across (this can't be prevented by your existing Telco).

If you aren't signing up to someone new then if its mobile you can 'park' your number for very little. For example, Amaysim $10 per year plan. They'll take the number and you can leave it there until ready to pick another plan.

Note the transfer process will generally automatically cancel your existing plan and generate a final bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Cancelling my contract early

Hi @JORGEYES,

If you cancel a contract without e-contracting to another plan or porting to another service provider, the number will also be cancelled and you will not be able to use this number anymore.

If you'd wish to retain your number, we'd recommend signing up to one of our Postpaid Choice plans or switch to Prepaid.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

Top Contributors