Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hydcnkjv
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can't use account

Haven't been able to use my account for over a year. It just insists that I have no registered service. All I get is an email that says a bill amount but I can't see the invoice. Support is useless. They don't even pay attention, e.g. they tell me to reinstall the app even though I told them I'm on a Windows PC using a browser not the app.

This must be a scam. I'm no longer going to pay optus. I'm not locked in to any contract because by the system's own admission I don't have a service. I've been scammed by emails coming from optus myaccount. They say I owe money but they can't say why or produce an invoice.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Can't use account

Hi @hydcnkjv, Thank you for raising this issue. We're sorry you're having ongoing issues with My Account.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you’re still needing a hand, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
hydcnkjv
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm not asking for your help. It's never worked in the past. Facebook or Twitter pm? Is that supposed to be a joke? I'm telling you that your inability to fix this problem means you can't invoice me anymore and I'll be seeking refunds for the bogus charges. That's what you get for being incompetent
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

I can see this has been a frustrating experience for you, @hydcnkjv.

As you're unable to see the invoice, it sounds like we need to send you another verification email and sync your My Account to your email address. 

Once you send us a Private Message to our Official Facebook or Twitter Optus page, the Social Media team will be able to investigate and assist you further. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
hydcnkjv
New Contributor
New Contributor

You again. Another verification email? I've literally done that dozens of times already. I'm familiar with your "support" process. You offer non-advice like password reset, cache and cookie clearing. They even sent me a form with red boxes to explain where I should type my email and password as if I'm a complete idiot that's never filled in a web form before.

I've reset my password dozens of times. Uninstall and reinstall the app they say, nothing changes. Your support amounts to stonewalling and explaining that it's not your area. It's no ones area apparently. I've submitted a complaint to Optus. Which I have to do so I can wait 10 days before issuing charge backs through the bank and going to the TIO.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi there @hydcnkjv, it's not good to see you're still experiencing this issue with your account. 

Can you please send a message through to our Twitter or Facebook page? We'll then be able to verify your account details there and check why your account is appearing as unregistered. We cannot do this through Yes Crowd as it's a public forum.   

0 Kudos
hydcnkjv
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, I won't. And I still don't find that "PM on Facebook or Twitter" joke as funny. I know it won't be resolved here, or anywhere within Optus. That's why I'm explaining the steps I take to actually get something resolved with Optus. It's definately going to the Visa disputes department it may even end up in court. If Optus can't provide an invoice then I don't have to pay. If I try to login to Optus and it says "There is no registered services" then I'm not a customer and am under no contract. That's the law. No invoice no payment. Not a customer means there's no contract. Btw. the "register email" option Iv'e done dozens of times. All it does is demand a password reset then processes it for a bit then asks to "register email" again. Going in circles just like dealing with Optus.
0 Kudos