Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BrianWatts
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can't change Yes Crowd email address

I used to have an email address that was used for both my Optus account and Yes Crowd.

Recently I changed the email on my Optus account, but the old address still exists as a login for Yes Crowd.  If I try to change the email in Yes Crowd, it tells me because the accounts are already linked, I have to change the address in My Account. But it is already changed there.

I have been going around in circles trying everything, but without success.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can't change Yes Crowd email address

Hi there BrianWatts,

How long ago did you update your email address in MyAccount? It may just take a few days to update in the backend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
BrianWatts
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray. I changed the email address in My Account about 2 days ago, maybe 3 days.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, if there hasn't been any progress by the end of the week please let me know here and we'll investigate further 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
BW99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ray, the Yes Crowd email address login never changed to match the My Account address, so I started from scratch and changed the My Account address again.  This time the Yes Crowd login changed to match it, then I had to set up a new Yes Crowd user name (BW99), because it told me than BrianWatts was already being used.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the update. I don't believe that merging the Yes Crowds is an option but without seeing the specifics it's a bit tricky.

If it's something you'd like us to attempt to resolve, please let me know here and I'll send you a PM with an e-mail address to contact us on to look into further.

0 Kudos
BW99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ray, thanks but the way it is set up now is OK. I don't need the two Yes Crowd accounts merged - I'll just use the new one.
The only thing that has been a nuisance for 6 weeks is the fact that I can't open Yes Crowd pages while using my Optus Wireless Broadband. Several other dudes are having the same problem and there are at least four threads on Yes Crowd that are unresolved with this same issue.
The only way I can get onto Yes Crowd is to hotspot my Telstra mobile phone.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah yes, that is a known issue. Fault ticket 22131760 was communicated to us internally yesterday.

You have prompted me to go and advise of this in the main thread, thank you.

0 Kudos
gnhhall
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

My question is similar to BrianWatts. I already had a username, but when Optus merged the old Yes Crowd and the new My Account, it got disconnected. The old email address associated with (my favored) old username is no longer active (it was a service that has now died). I'd like to get that old username back. Can someone from Optus help me please?

Cheers, Geoff

0 Kudos