cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Caller Number Display not working for incoming calls on landline

Caller Number Display has stopped working on my landline.  All calls show as "Private Number".  I know this isn't correct as most of the numbers are in my phone book on the phone.

This was previously working until about a month ago.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Caller Number Display not working for incoming calls on landline

Oh no! Sorry to hear that's been the case, @thadeus60.

It sounds like we'll need to double check that your landline is set up to receive incoming Caller ID, but please note that if whoever is calling you has their number set to Private or they're calling from a pay phone (for example), you still won't be able to see a Caller ID. 

I'd recommend getting in touch with us via Messaging so we can take a closer look.

Just a heads up, our Messaging team is currently experiencing some delays, so the response will not be immediate. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I have checked and most numbers are not set to private.  This was working a couple of months ago and then suddenly stopped.

I did try the messaging and you are right, there are long delays to chat with someone.  I was hoping someone here could fix it.  This has happened to me before and I know it doesn't take long to fix.  I just need someone's attention!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I hear you, @thadeus60 - it would be a very simple fix but at this stage we're really under the pump so there will be delays in responding. 

If you need urgent assistance, please reach out to us via Facebook and Twitter but please note our team will not be able to respond instantly, we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks.  I'll try to leave a message on Facebook.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors