Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DBW047
New Contributor
New Contributor

Blocking SPAM emails

My Optus case manager (name excluded)with a reference number (excluded)has said she has resolved my case of receiving SPAM emails ,since then I have received 96 SPAM emails ,and they still coming daily 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: Blocking SPAM emails

Hey @DBW047, thank you for reaching out. It's not great to learn that you are still receiving these SPAM emails after the resolution of your escalated case. 

The Optus spam filter is reliant on customers reporting suspect email addresses as spam. If customers are continually flagging suspect email addresses as SPAM, our systems become better at detecting said messages as SPAM. This is simply a reporting feature.

If possible, we would recommend setting up a rule in another email client such as Outlook. For example, you could set a rule whereby any email that contains certain keywords is automatically flagged and sent through to your junk mail folder.

And if you wish for us to review your case and see what else we can do to assist, we welcome you to engage with our 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Blocking SPAM emails

Resolved in this case means listened to your concerns.

There's nothing any Optus employee can do to change what spam you get.

Suggest you open a fresh GMail account. They have much better spam handling (I don't get any), security, storage, features, etc. Its free and you should definitely move of an RSP based email anyway. If you ever leave Optus your email will be cancelled.