cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Billing unfair late fee

I am paying my bill today for (usually) $80.34 and noticed Optus has added a late fee for last month of $15. 

I am a 20-years plus Optus customer for home internet and family mobiles and have very rarely paid late ... in this case, and in this economic environment, I think paying 4 days late (my income was delayed) does not warrant a late fee. 

I want this late fee removed/credited please -- and as I cannot speak with anyone at the call centre (Optus is not accepting calls at your billing call centre at the moment), I shall pay today's bill without the late fee in anticipation of Optus's agreement.

Please acknowledge. Thank you. - Mike xxxxxxx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Billing unfair late fee

@mike-S  Yes Crowd is a public forum and not a direct support point for Optus.
As per the large bold red text on the Yes Crowd home page and the side of this page,
Note: Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders. Please don't post personal info.

I suggest editing your post and remove the Personal Details as scammers can harvest your private information.

Option 1 Please message Optus Support 24/7 from the My Optus app. If you do not have access to the My Optus app you can use social media to contact Optus Support, please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message you do not have access to the My Optus app.

Option 2 Lodge a complaint https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/feedback-and-complaints

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"I shall pay today's bill without the late fee in anticipation of Optus's agreement."

Well that would be a bit silly. You've just incurred another late fee for not paying this bill in full.

For the record, Optus is in the right here and you are in the wrong (You paid late). For whatever reason, you've not lived up to your end of the contract and instead of having a cap in hand approach, you've taken it upon yourself to decide what Optus should do.

Optus can be quite reasonable in sorting late fees but its a bit presumptuous to make a random post in a public forum (which has no direct connection to your account) and assume that the matter has been properly dealt with. (Optus won't call you but now anyone else can.)

I would suggest

1) Pay the bill you owe in full
2) You contact Optus directly (there are a number of option provided)
3) Request they waive the fee due to your long standing good payment history.

In most cases Optus will apply a $15 credit on your next bill.

4) I'd also suggest getting a direct debit setup but that's for each individual to decide on.

PS If the bill is not yet hit the due date you can pay another $15 now and it will count.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @mike-S when a bill goes overdue late fee is applicable. This is also mentioned in the critical information summary of the plan and our T&C. Please refer to our → billing fees page fore more info.

In saying that we appreciate where you are coming from and can look into the bill for you. However  we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to speak with our billing  team either via the → messaging service or if you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

Just a heads up, we have hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the → Community Guidelines. Thank you!

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Kartika, your reply is appreciated. Thanks.

As you could tell, I was in the wrong area as I thought Yes Optus  was in the main Optus customer messaging service area.  I only went to this because I could not get through to the call centre.

I was pretty bemused by the tone of peterdownload's response ... I notice he has modified it today to quieten it down from 'Optus is 100% right and you are 100% wrong .... ' So maybe he was just having a rough day, like me.

cheers - Mike

0 Kudos