Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Beware of New Fake Optus My Account Website

A new fake Optus My Account website ( optus-update.com ) went live today which even Optus do not yet seem to be aware of. The info that they're trying to steal is:

• My Account login details
  • Personal details including birth date
  • Drivers License details
  • Medicare details
  • Credit/Debit card details

Image1.pngImage2.pngImage3.pngImage4.png

2 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Beware of New Fake Optus My Account Website

Thanks for raising this and making us aware of the phishing website, @YetAnotherAcc.

I've passed this to our Network Security team to take action on getting the site taken down. Appreciate your help!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Beware of New Fake Optus My Account Website

@Nard_YC wrote:

I've passed this to our Network Security team to take action on getting the site taken down. Appreciate your help!

You are misinformed @Nard_YC . Optus will not take the site down, not even close. All they will do is block that site from being accessible by many Optus customers (definitely not ALL though) and then only if they try and access the site while on the Optus network.