cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nard_YC

Re: Bank Statements

Hi @KL76 if you're not happy with the requirements of our Credit Check process and would like to raise a complaint with our Customer Relations Team (CRT), you can do this via our online form

You'll then be assigned a Customer Resolutions Expert who will work with you towards an acceptable and fair outcome.

If for some reason you're unable to raise a complaint on our website, please get in touch with our 24x7 Experts via Messaging in the My Optus App and the team will be able to have this escalated for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"I am getting told 3 different reasons as to why it is declined."
Yeah that is an Optus failing - staff often seem to just make stuff up (sometimes hoping to help you and other times just to get you to go away)

"And it isn’t a requirement by Optus and it is not allowed if the order is under $45 a month. "
This is the bit that confuses me. Where are you getting told this. Optus generally only require a bank statement (or other documents) if proof of ID is required. Its credit assessment process is usually a very simple "black box". Staff type your name and ID (say licence) into a PC and they get back a simple YES or NO. There's no negotiations, no paperwork and no reasons.

Maybe the process has changed since I was last involved.
0 Kudos
KL76
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I can’t send a screen shot unfortunately but it’s the code of practice law from 2019. This is decided by the telecommunications industry and regulated by the ACMA. If I was late paying my bills and wasn’t a good customer then fair enough but I have always payed early and always been in credit. The credit file is fine apparently it’s the credit limit.

Even the sales guy I spoke to last night did not understand what the issue was. Even the accc had never heard of this being asked.
0 Kudos