Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

B818 4G WiFi Modem need to restart every time

Hi I have been calling your support center in the last 2days but the line got disconnected automatically. I successfully connected to person by choosing SALES but he put me through the right department and the line was disconnected again. I called you support center this morning and disconnected after waiting for more than 1 hour Sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated. 

I have been using Optus pocket wifi with SIM plan but changed to 500G wifi broadband for WFH.  I set up and connected with my mobile phone and laptop. but as soon as I stop using internet, The status and wifi lights on the modem are turned off.  I need to switch off and back on to restart the modem every time to connect internet !!  I need to connect to internet automatically. How should i do? also I need to cancel SIM plan.  I can not process cancellation online, and you guys keep disconnecting me and the shop staff refused to help me.  What am i supposed to do? 

11 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: B818 4G WiFi Modem need to restart every time

I am facing a similar problem with the B818 4g huawei modem. 

I have to restart the modem every morning. I suspect it might have something to do with me connecting to my smart TV for netflix? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey guys. 

So, the disconnection is being triggered when you stop using the internet? I just need to grasp what's actually going on here before I can find someone who might be able to help us.

Sounds like when the device is idle/in sleep-mode -  it's auto disconnecting and not reconnecting automatically when you try and use the device again. 

Do I have that right? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

- Correct. Disconnection triggered when I stop using internet overnight (i.e. Definitely more than 5-6 hours before it gets disconnected. If I stop using for a couple of hours, then there are no problems). 

- However, worthwhile noting that this problem only occurred after I connected the 4G network to my Sony Bravia Smart TV which I bought recently (no disconnection problems prior when I was just on my laptop). I wonder if this might have something to do with streaming Netflix or using my XBOX console on the wifi? Might there have been some sort of network conflict going on? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet disconnected almost right away when i stop using. The status light on the modem goes off. I called Huawei customer service coz i can not reach u guys, they told me that Optus needs to change some setting for my connections.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Thanks for the additional info. 

It's really tough to get in touch with us us at the moment. Unless you don't access to a working service, dealing with a health issue or financial hardship - our service teams aren't able to prioritise enquiries that are not seen to be "critical." 

I'll email one of our teams and ask if they're aware of an issue. I can't promise that I'll receive a response right away, but if i do - I'll make sure to update you guys here. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Following this - purchased this router yesterday.

Worked good and then I connected my desktop with an Ethernet cable. Signed into the router through google chrome and all was good.

5 minutes later go to check a website and it gives the classic - server cannot be trusted type webpage.

Turned off the router and turned it back on and it’s working fine.

Hoping for an easy solution as it’s annoying to have to play with it so much!

What’s the button on the front for?

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just replying to mention that I'm experiencing the same issue.

My phone might be connected to the WiFi in the morning, but if I leave my residence and return, I have to manually reconnect every evening. For what it's worth, my other appliances including chromecast remain connected to the WiFi prior to resetting.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all ppl have the same problem.
I haven't checked this page anymore coz Optus never give me any answer.
But I have found the solution by myself.

Go to intetnet setting
→ internet connection.
→ Optus connection
→ Default

Go to internet setting
→ Mobile network setting
→ preferred network mode
→ 4G only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue, driving me crazy.
I have logged into the router and made the changes you have suggested - 🤞 that fixes the issue.
Thanks for taking the time to post!
0 Kudos