cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Account consolidation - how to do it?

Hi there,

I have two Optus home internet and home phone services and I have one My Account for the services in the house that I live in. I don't have a My Account for my other Optus service at my other property.

I wanted to update the credit card expiry date for direct debit billing and the person on Chat said that I need to do it via Optus App, which I don't have on my mobile phone and I don't intend to download it, or via My Account which I need to consolidate for the two services/properties. However, when I log into My Account, I cannot find any option to select another service for consolidation, so am stuck. Appreciate if someone here from Optus can help me out. Sorry, no PMs on Facebook or Twitter please. I can only have chat via phone, email or Optus chat.

Btw, the Optus My Account page is also very slow today and does not refresh quickly and correctly.

Looks like it is not my day in dealing with Optus today. Sigh!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Account consolidation - how to do it?

Hey @jayvan

We can certainly assist you with consolidating your account and getting your My Account set-up correctly.

I'm afraid you're unable to consolidate accounts online, this has to be done by speaking with us.

You can Message Us online 24/7 from a computer. By doing this, you won't need to login and you'll be able to chat with us fairly quickly.

Alternatively, you can call us on 133 937 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm AEST or Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST) or visit a local Optus store with 100 points of ID and they'll be happy to help out.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Account consolidation - how to do it?

Thanks George_YC, for your response and guidance.

It is unfortunate that the person on my earlier Chat this morning did not assist me in getting this done. I think I would rather call than chat again, to get this fixed up.

This is a lot of effort just to update the expiry date of my credit card for billing purposes. Not sure if the person assisting me during the chat could have done this for me. It would have been easier and quicker.

Btw, since I have the My Account setup for my other Optus account/service, I was able to do it online myself and it worked fine.

Cheers.

Top Contributors