cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

About the Optus debt

I promise that I have paid all the bills of Optus. But Collection company keep calling me these days. I have records in my bank account but have not received reference number.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: About the Optus debt

Hey Cococo, thanks for that. Generally speaking, overdue debts should they be prolonged for a significant period of time, will be referred on to a Mercantile Agency for collections.

If all outstanding charges have been addressed, I would recommend reporting your payments to our Financial Teams , whom will review your account activity and advise further on the collection case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Unfortunately collection companies are less than stellar when it comes to believing the debt is paid. They are required to provide an exact reference to when the debt was incurred and what it was for if you ask.

Optus (like any company chasing debts) should take complete responsibility in resolving this issue but unfortunately once they past the debt to a collection agency they tend to wash their hands of any subsequent harassment or issues.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/debt-debt-collection/disputing-a-debt#disputing-a-debt
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have chaned to the Vodafone and can not login in my Optus account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How can i contact with financial team ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I paid the bill 9th of Oct but the recovery corps keep calling me this week everyday!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for answer my question. But do you know the right email address of Recovery Corp? I have sent the email to them (in which email address they sent ti me) but not reply.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Cococo, our teams are available over the phone at 1300 308 839

0 Kudos
Top Contributors