cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sheree47
New Contributor

why is it so hard to talk to someone at optus and it takes about 20 questions

I have been with optus for over 8 years.  Why is it so impossible to actually speak to a person now, or not get cut off or be asked 20 questions by the message lady and then get cut off at the end of it or not get called back when you are told you will be.  What has happened to the customer service?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: why is it so hard to talk to someone at optus and it takes about 20 questions

Hmm.

If that's the case, you can actually try using a different channel.

You can do it via chat by clicking this link: https://goo.gl/iAYaVG

You can also use the My Optus Application for Chat Support and self serve options.

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
0 Kudos
New Contributor _mc_
New Contributor

Re: why is it so hard to talk to someone at optus and it takes about 20 questions

Oh, really? It took me 5 hours and my problem is still not solved.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Hey @Sheree47 and @_mc_ - really sorry for the run around that you've both had here. If you do still need assistance, can you please send us a private message with your full name, service or account number + your DOB for privacy and some info on what you've been calling in regards to? We'll follow up on this for you as soon as we can.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Markus11111
New Contributor

This is a very good question. Optus hides behind a 20 pakle layer of press button options to completely ignore us the customer - to actually speak to a person. Absolute crap service based in PR colours. Very very frustrating. Please give us even just an ounce of service. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Maruks1111, we do understand that there are customers who prefer to interact with us over the phone and that is an option available to you.

We've also got several online service channels. 

You can reach us on Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter & right here on Yes Crowd (24/7). We offer the same level of support online as we do over the phone. 

You're always welcome to send us a private message

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Max123456
New Contributor

I’ve had the same experience! Very hard to connect and when I do I’ve been disconnected multiple times. After trying hard I ended up demanding speaking with a manager because the lady could not understand my question as it were somewhat complex.

The Manager then assisted me but never got back to me. No idea what his name is, no reference numbers were provided and he advised “I will call you back on Monday”.

I already knew this was wishful thinking.

What Optus does really well is marketing and perks which I’ve been overly happy with, but with having an issue you will get nowhere. And having two phone plans of $130 I would expect better service.

Very dissatisfying to say the least.

(still waiting on that call)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors