cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashspur
New Contributor
New Contributor

why is Optus so fricken pathetic with customer service. Its the WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is driving me insane. The wait on the phone is exhausting. I spent 38 minutes to change ownership of my account to my wife. We finally get to a human being instead of the recorded message telling me to go online. Go online? Optus online web services are even worse then their human beings AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING. Anyway, we get to a human being in the Phillipines or Timbuktu and he is a nice guy and he fixes the change of ownership. We are elated my wife and I. Cant believe we have done it. We ran a marathon. We get a message from the guy confirming that the change of ownership is successful by text at 8.05. At exactly 8.30 we get another text saying that my request to transfer ownership to my wife has been cancelled!!! WTF. I cannot believe it. So I jump on the phone again. I have to go through all choices on the goddamn phone line. If your big toe hurts press 3, if you want an emema press 7, if you want an uppercut press 9 blah blah. I waste another 5 minutes only to be told - sorry we are closed but you can still go online. ARGHHHH. How can one organisation be so pathetic, inefficient, so cutomer unfriendly to the point of malice and indifference. I cannot fathom how the clowns at Optus even keep their jobs. A five year old could do better. You are useless Optus. U-S-E-L-E-S-S. 

3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: why is Optus so fricken pathetic with customer service. Its the WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife ran a marathon recently. After four months training she did it in under two hours, but it does sound like your 38 minutes sitting beside the phone was deserves a medal too.  

FWIW I spent significantly more than eight seconds googling "optus change of ownership" to find the automated and manual (fill out a form) options here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Flashspur
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: why is Optus so fricken pathetic with customer service. Its the WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Peter but its a bit more complicated then that. The transfer of ownership was connected with an iPhone X order which was meant to be done online but could not. The online forms were sent anyway in but were 'lost'. We were told to go to sales who transfered us to customer service etc etc. When we finally got through and talked to customer service, they approved the change of ownership BUT a half hour later we got a message saying it was cancelled. So we have had to start all over again. That is the marathon.

Read my post. Its not as simple as sending in a form online!

0 Kudos
PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Flashspur thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your change of ownership. Please bear in mind you'll not be able to complete this while having an active pre-order in place. This will need to be cancelled first or alternatively you can update the account details once your order is completed. You can always speak with our live service team available here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors