Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Anzuuu
New Contributor

whats wrong with optus 4G mobile data??

I have roommate so i always use personal hotspot playing game. But since last few months optus 4G became very unstable, randomly DC many times a week. Every DC happened 4G become supper SLOW took 1 minute to open facebook main page for like an hour or longer, during this hour no matter what i did (turn on off aeroplan mode, restart my phone) cant change anything.

last week i found that turn off 4G using 3G can fix this, till today, yes! got a DC with even full signal 3G! Im using 15GB per month plan cause of this DC issue cant use even half of them. 

my device: iphoneX ios11.2.6. idk it is apples problem or your bad, hoping to get a solution

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: whats wrong with optus 4G mobile data??

@Anzuuu,

Can I get you to pop your postcode into the required field on our Network status page http://yesopt.us/networkstatus.

Can you confirm if we've broadcast an outage or planned maintenance announcement?

If that's all looking fine, can you confirm if the issue is more pronounced at any particular time of day i.e. morning, afternoon or evening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Anzuuu
New Contributor

2032, last time this happend i went to UNSW campus and 4G still pretty slow, only Safari can open some pages in like few minutes, cant refresh twitter home page or play mobile game. Even having nearly full signal of 4G.

how may i know you are having a maintenance?  never recieve any massage from you said maintenance or something. And i dont think optus maintains weekly. I recorded  this on March 4 afternoon, was that a maintenance?

This happened randomly but mainly at evening or weekend afternoon. Since i usually using uni wifi during day time so idk and dont care about work day moring or afternoon. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Anzuuu, maintenance and outage announcements are broadcast on our Network status page.

I'm happy to run a coverage check from my end. I'd need you through a private message with your complete address.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors