cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

simran1709
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

want to reactivate my number

Hi Optus, 

I have linked my number with my important sites which include a lot of personal data. can you please help me out to reactivate my postpaid number which is disconnected now. I really need that number so that I can get access to get my important data. 

Kind regards,
Harry

0 Kudos
8 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: want to reactivate my number

When did you last use the number?
0 Kudos
simran1709
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

January or maybe February not sure
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Should be fine then. Have you tried just getting a $2 prepaid card and porting your number to it? Otherwise just contact Optus direct and they should be able to sort it out
0 Kudos
simran1709
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

But i was having postpaid number
C as n i try to get $2 prepaid sim and try with that
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Not sure. The number stays available for you for 6 months. Phone companies can't prevent you porting your number any where. So you could sign up with Amaysim for $10 a year and request your number be ported across.

This may all then happen automatically but I don't know if it being deactivated stops the process. If it fails then no harm done.

But alternatively twitter or facebook Optus and ask them to do it (not sure if they can assign it to a prepaid new account)
0 Kudos
simran1709
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I had recently conversation with amaysim customer care they said that number is expired

Can you tell what i have to do
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So a non active number can't be ported thanks.

As per above you'll need to contact Optus via Twitter or Facebook and request they reactivate the number. Hopefully they can do this without requiring any plans etc off the bat.
0 Kudos
simran1709
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you
0 Kudos