cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sherv
New Contributor

Re: volte

So I had enabled volte on my phone and at a network level, and it didn't switch on for me. 

Then I found a post saying add an apn and set it to "hos". I did this and never edited another setting in it, and volte worked! However, I could *NOT* make a call. Any calls I made would go through, but I could not hear anything. This included calling my voicemail. Also the Internet did not work.

Then solution... 

I then went back and chose the original apn that I had which was "yes optus". I had Internet now and no volte. Then I went down to "apn type" within yes optus, and removed "default,supl". Now Volte works, calls work and Internet work. This should be the fix for you as well. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor joshp92
New Contributor

Hi

I'm having the same issue.

Could I please have some assistance as the message marked "solved" does not have a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

I've replied to your PM joshp92

0 Kudos
New Contributor joshp92
New Contributor

Hi again

I went into an optus store and had a call with tech support, it seems they fixed it

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@joshp92, great to hear it!

We really appreciate the update 🙂 If you have any other questions for us, please send them through. We're always happy to help out! I hope you're having a great weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor DeeCee
New Contributor

Hi,

My MIL has an HTC 10 phone she purchased outright. It was a Telstra unlocked phone.

She could not make any calls without adding +61 in front of the number.

We followed this ticket and asked Optus to turn VoLTE off at the network level, however it keeps turning back on. There is no way to access and turn it off on the phone and she is reliant on Optus.

They have now disabled VoLTE about 10 plus times and cannot assist with a permanent solutions.

Any suggestions welcome as she is about to throw this phone to the wall.

thank you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lahnah
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue! I think I'm up to 6 times it has re-enabled without my authority, and every time I need to contact Optus to turn it back off! I had a HTC 10 prior to my current one, without issue, and my Dad also has had two with no issue(s). It's quite frustrating to contact Optus every single damn time, and so frequently!

I suspect from what I can gather, there needs to be a firmware update to fix it, but who knows how long that will take!!

I probably wouldn't have brought this phone if I knew it was unlocked 'telstra' phone. The unlocked phones are the ones known to have the issues!!