Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor strevenna
Occasional Contributor

volte

Can anyone tell me how to disable Volte on my HTC 10. Ever since I received the upgrade I have been unable to make calls. I can change my data to 3g only for calls but that is hardly ideal. Optus support have been no help.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: volte

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/tp2/VoLTE-support

The HTC 10 comes with VoLTE switched on by default, so you won't need to do anything to begin using it. Once switched on, your mobile service will be added to our VoLTE activation list.

Should you want to switch it off though, please follow the below steps.

For the HTC 10:

• Open Settings
  • Select Call
  • Select Voice over LTE checkbox to disable/enable VoLTE on the device.

If that doesn't work, you could get Optus to disable volte on your account. It got switched on, when you used it.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your effort on my Volte problem. I can't see an option to Opt out of Volte in the call settings. I will have to try and call Optus again to see if they can disable it. They didn't offer that as a solution at the time though! All they suggested was to try a new sim card - they said they'd send one out. Haven't got it yet after nearly a week. 

RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hey @strevenna

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting support over the phone. Can you please check if there's an 'Advanced Calling' option under settings in wireless and networks? If there is, please make sure this is switched on and then check if there's a 'HD Voice' option. If this is selected on, please turn it off as HD Voice triggers VoLTE. Another thing to ensure is turned off is WiFi Calling which requires VoLTE access. If you navigate to your dialler, tap the 3 dots for the menu you should be able to scroll down and see a WiFI Calling option. Please let us know how you go!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike, thanks for offering a solution. Unfortunately there is no "advanced calling" as a selectable under settings. There is only "call". Nothing there seems to be changeable within the scope you're talking about. Also within the dialer there is nothing of interest. I have just received my new sim from Optus but nothing seems to have changed. I can receive calls and call my wife's Optus phone but nothing else Inc. 321 voicemail. 

Regards, 

Steve 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi again Mike, 

I'm thinking that surely I'm not Robinson Crusoe here. The problem started with the introduction of Volte that also coincided with the upgrade of HTC 10 phones to Nougat. I'm not sure that I tried to use the phone in between those two events. Has someone within Optus got an HTC 10 on which this can be replicated?

Kind regards, 

Steve 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the update @strevenna. Would you be able to send me a private message, with your mobile number, full name and DOB? Happy to see what we can do from my end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna, thanks, I have done that. 

Looking forward to hearing from you  

Steve 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I now have Volte switched off at network level. It will be re enabled one day when the issues are overcome. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks for the update @strevenna 🙂 

0 Kudos