Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Kaysie
Occasional Contributor

video streaming

can someone please explain how i use the free 10gb of streaming via Netflix? It seems very difficult.

If I download a series eg on the Netflix app at home via my wifi on my phone and then watch the download on my phone out of home, will the free 10gb be used or will it come of my my data allowance of 5gb. Cant get a decent answer from Optus im afraid.

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: video streaming

The free 10GB is for streaming Netflix. You're downloading it at home and then watching it later which is different.

If you want to use the 10GB, when you're connected to 3/4G, open the Netflix app and start watching a show and it'll eat away at that 10GB until it's gone. Be careful though because when the 10GB is gone, it'll automatically start using the 5GB you have as well. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: video streaming

Hey @Kaysie, check out the FAQs at the bottom of the prepaid page on our website, hopefully this will provide some further insights → Prepaid Plans

VIDEO STREAMING DATA

Q. What can I use my video streaming data for?

A. You can use your video streaming data to stream content on Netflix, Stan, ABC iView, ABC Kids or ABC ME apps downloadable from the App Store or Google Play.

Q. Will my video streaming data roll over if I recharge before expiry?

A. No, only your standard data inclusion will roll over if you recharge before expiry.

Q. Can I use my video streaming data for downloads or tethering?

A. No, you cannot use the data for these purposes.

Q. How many gigs are consumed in one hour of video streaming?

A. The amount of data consumed varies depending on various factors such as the streaming service you’re using, network traffic, device and the streaming quality you select. We recommend you select Standard Definition (SD) /medium quality to maximise your MyVideo Selected Apps data. You should check with Netflix, Stan and the ABC for more information on how to adjust your stream quality settings and data usage. You can check your usage at any time via the My Optus app.

Q. How do I receive video streaming data?

A. Any customer (both new and existing) who recharges on Optus Prepaid Epic Data will receive video streaming data.

Q. Is video streaming data available on all recharges on Optus Prepaid Epic Data?

A. Yes, video streaming data is available on all recharges of $5 or more.

Q. When will the video streaming data expire?

A. Video steaming data will expire at the end of your recharge period or on your next recharge, whichever is earlier. Video streaming data will not roll over.

Q. How will the video streaming data appear when I check my Prepaid balance?

A. Your video streaming data will appear in your balance as “MyVideo Selected Apps”. You can manage your usage by downloading the My Optus app.

Q. Can I recharge the MyVideo Selected Apps data allowance?

A. No, MyVideo is an included extra in your recharge and cannot be topped up separately.

Q. Can I use my video streaming data if I don’t have any MyData left?

A. Unfortunately not, a positive MyData balance is required in order to use your video streaming data.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors