Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

upgrade plan quiry

Hi, I would like to upgrade to the 500 GB plan. Currently, I am with broadband 2 year plan $60 300GB. It started Feb 2019. In that case, if I want to change to the new plan, does that mean I need to pay the remaining modem fee first? How much is it? Can you tell me the procedure please? Thanks.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: upgrade plan quiry

Normally there is no penalty for going up in a plan, fees might involve for going down. Contact customer service and discuss the options and cost.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The toughest part will be getting in touch with Optus I suspect. The wireless plans are generally month to month so you can cancel and switch anytime without any fees. The modem costs $220 an you will be up for the prorated amount (so 1 year left = $110 payout). Explain to the person you already have a modem so you don't need a new one sent out. The data bump should just be a setting on the Optus end. Try get some confirmation of the deal at the time (ask for even a one line email be sent to you if possible) so you have a record.

Note that there's a great $68 deal for 500Gb on at the moment but it ends in 48 hours so I would spend today trying to get through. You can try Facebook or the phone.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks 🙂