Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

unwanted subscription

FreeMSG: TAMTIME?subscription costs $6.99/wk to your mobile acct.?300 games 50 videos/wk?au.tamtime.mobi Optout send STOP to 19789227?help?1800985068

I got this message and didn’t subscribe to anything. I replied STOP and got this reply

FreeMSG: you've unsubscribed from TAMTIME. Recent charges will be on your next bill. No further charges will apply from dd/mm/yy. More info 1800985068

How will i make sure i don’t get charged for this? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: unwanted subscription

You probably have a cahrge already, this usually happen when you accidentally click a link to an ADS on your apps, on facebook and some website that you visit. Call cusotmer care to turn off your premium services so they wont be able to charge you, they will also file a complain to get a refund for this. Cheers!

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello itinoton,

If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we can help you lower you content spend limit to $0.00 and raise a dispute against this charge. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Excuse my ignorance, but how does clicking a link on a web page result in a subscription to the said service? The wife just got the same SMS out of nowhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's called a clickbait- say you see a Facebook post about what people looked like then and now - you click on it and there are 13 pages of photos of different movie stars in which u need to click the 'next button to progress through each photo. The 'next' button changes to a 'subscribe' button on about the 5th photo and you click on it thinking you are clicking the 'next, button. Then u are automatically billed via your phone number linked to facebook. It happened to me and I didn't even have my phone number linked to facebook.  Hugh privacy breach by facebook. I pressed stopped and will just pay it. Lesson learnt. 

0 Kudos