Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jenine
New Contributor
New Contributor

unlocking pre paid optus phone

Hi I am completely frustrated in trying to unlock my phone from the optus network and its hard to contact anyone.

I have filled out the form online to get it to unlock and it tells me it is unlocked. I put in another sim from a different carrier and it comes up on my phone that the phone is locked to the network. Can anyone advise me what to do.

Its a alcatel one touch pixie 3.

16 Replies
sanjeev4every1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: unlocking pre paid optus phone

I know one thing that you need to get he unlock code.

Which I have but dont know how to use it.

and reaching the techChat is really not an option.

So losing my patience

0 Kudos
JustinB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey @jenine - can you please send me a private message with your Optus service number along with your full name + DOB & the IMEI number of the phone? I'll follow this up for you as soon as I can.

@sanjeev4every1 - are you able to let me know which phone it is that you're using?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Bek
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue I also have a alcatel one touch pixi and same thing saying it ts unlocked but when I put another carrier sim in it states network locked and aim locked 

I'd like to unlock it so I can use another network

0 Kudos
mazz_a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jenine and Bek, 

I am sorry for your experiences. was the it http://www.optus.com.au/unlock page you tried to unlock the device on? 

Please send me a private message with your details and I can look into the handset unlock for you.

0 Kudos
Bek
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi mazz

Yes that is the site i originally used to try and unlock my handset with no success

My details are 

Alcatel onetouch pixi 

Model number: 5017a

Imei:<removed for privacy reasons>

Rebekah <Removed for privacy reasons>

Current optus number is: <removed for privacy reasons>

Thank you

0 Kudos
mazz_a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bek.

Thank you so much for the details. For privacy and security reasons, I don't recommend you putting your details in here as they are visible to everyone. I have contacted the team and we will be hiding them to protect your privacy. 

Can you please send me a private message with your name, date of birth and address to ID the account.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
TCB
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am overseas and I need to unlock myAlcatel Pop 5 but cannot do so over the web and cannot contact Optus. Very frustrated. TCB

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi TCB,

can you please send me a PM with your Optus service number along with your full name + DOB & the IMEI number of the phone? I'll follow this up for you as soon as I can.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
MumB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having real trouble unlocking an Optus phone. I purchased it outright as a phone for my son to play games on, now I am trying to put a sim from another carrier in and it tells me its locked. 

I have used the Optus unlock page and paid the fee, but the code it gave me is 00000000 which does not work!

Very frustrated, I have two other services with optus and have never had issues.

The phone is a Samsunge Galaxy SM J100Y

0 Kudos