Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

unlocking pre paid optus phone

jenine

Hi I am completely frustrated in trying to unlock my phone from the optus network and its hard to contact anyone.

I have filled out the form online to get it to unlock and it tells me it is unlocked. I put in another sim from a different carrier and it comes up on my phone that the phone is locked to the network. Can anyone advise me what to do.

Its a alcatel one touch pixie 3.

Re: unlocking pre paid optus phone

sanjeev4every1

I know one thing that you need to get he unlock code.

Which I have but dont know how to use it.

and reaching the techChat is really not an option.

So losing my patience

Solution

JustinB

Hey @jenine - can you please send me a private message with your Optus service number along with your full name + DOB & the IMEI number of the phone? I'll follow this up for you as soon as I can.

@sanjeev4every1 - are you able to let me know which phone it is that you're using?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Bek

I have the same issue I also have a alcatel one touch pixi and same thing saying it ts unlocked but when I put another carrier sim in it states network locked and aim locked 

I'd like to unlock it so I can use another network

mazz_a

Hi jenine and Bek, 

I am sorry for your experiences. was the it http://www.optus.com.au/unlock page you tried to unlock the device on? 

Please send me a private message with your details and I can look into the handset unlock for you.

[ Edited ]
Bek

Hi mazz

Yes that is the site i originally used to try and unlock my handset with no success

My details are 

Alcatel onetouch pixi 

Model number: 5017a

Imei:<removed for privacy reasons>

Rebekah <Removed for privacy reasons>

Current optus number is: <removed for privacy reasons>

Thank you

Highlighted

mazz_a

Hi Bek.

Thank you so much for the details. For privacy and security reasons, I don't recommend you putting your details in here as they are visible to everyone. I have contacted the team and we will be hiding them to protect your privacy. 

Can you please send me a private message with your name, date of birth and address to ID the account.

Thanks 

TCB

I am overseas and I need to unlock myAlcatel Pop 5 but cannot do so over the web and cannot contact Optus. Very frustrated. TCB

Dave

Hi TCB,

can you please send me a PM with your Optus service number along with your full name + DOB & the IMEI number of the phone? I'll follow this up for you as soon as I can.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

MumB

Hi, I'm having real trouble unlocking an Optus phone. I purchased it outright as a phone for my son to play games on, now I am trying to put a sim from another carrier in and it tells me its locked. 

I have used the Optus unlock page and paid the fee, but the code it gave me is 00000000 which does not work!

Very frustrated, I have two other services with optus and have never had issues.

The phone is a Samsunge Galaxy SM J100Y

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos