Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

unlocking a phone

I have two phones someone sold me and turns out they are locked. I have IMEI's for both but don't have the original sims or phone numbers. I tried the unlock by IMEI link on the optus page but it times out. Can anyone help me with info on how to unlock these two handsets? I tried chat support but tjhey just keep asking for the "recharge number"

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: unlocking a phone

Usually get unlock codes on ebay for a couple of bucks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Unlocking the network locked phone needs the authorization of the account holder who has purchased these phones from Optus. However, you can call the person who has sold the phone to you to have the device unlocked. Customer service has to verify the details due to the privacy issue on the mobile phone or if you have any account with Optus you can contact us back at 131344 or send me a private message of your details.

Name

Number:

date of birth

Make and model of the phone

IMEI number of the device.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @pitdroidtech - As @Puneeth mentioned, i'm afraid we're unable to unlock devices that aren't from the original purchaser, this is due to privacy/fraud concerns. 

The person whom sold you the device, if they're the original owner would need to have this unlocked. Sorry about that. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy