cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor nori
New Contributor

unknown charge

I've been got so much charge than I expected. I have $50 plan. and didn't use even 1G data.did  just few calls, that's it. and they charge $140. I have no idea.Even I've got my I phone from my friend. didn't buy when I got contract.

18 Jan 09:48pm MobileActive 8Z PTY LTD P/O 1300886534 4.55 25 Jan 09:45pm MobileActive 8Z PTY LTD P/O 1300886534 4.55 01 Feb 09:46pm MobileActive 8Z PTY LTD P/O 1300886534 4.55 08 Feb 09:45pm MobileActive 8Z PTY LTD P/O 1300886534 4.55 14 Feb 07:22pm Gamifive Mobivillage d-mobilelab S.p.A P/O 1800767584 13.64 15 Feb 09:46pm MobileActive 8Z PTY LTD P/O 1300886534 4.55 6 Records $36.39

8ZPTY LTD ???   why I have to pay for this? is this spyware or something?

should I cancell OPTUS service as soon as possible? 

Please Help me

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: unknown charge

It looks as if you have subscribed to several different premium service providers. You will need to cancel these services if you wish to avoid this happening again. Please see the first link for a description of what these premium services are about and how to avoid getting charged by them. I have also included some links to the providers you have listed.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/third-party-content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=Norma...

http://cdnhost2.mobileactive.com/uploads/docs/G1_TRADE_PRACTICES_COMPLAINTS_HANDLING_POLICY.pdf

http://gamifive.mobivillage.com.au/web/info/

http://www.8zmobile.com/support/?

New Contributor KennyNguyen
New Contributor

Hi,

You are not the only one being charged by these dodgy companies via your Optus direct phone bills. There are so many complains out there by people on Facebook about these two companies.

Our mobile business plan (fone) being charged by both companies Gamefive since Dec 2013, and MobileActive since Jan 2015. The total charges added up to nearly a thousand dollars on our bills. How Optus allowed these dodgy charges debited directly from our business phone account is beyond my comprehension !.  

Our Optus bills payment is fully automated, hence we did not discover these dodgy charges until being audited in Jan 2016. Having a one page Optus paper monthly bills did not help us dicover the situation sooner either.

Anyway, we are working with Optus customer services people to recover these unauthorised charges directly from these dodgy companies. I shall lodge a complain to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (https://www.tio.com.au/) if getting no where ?.   

I would suggest you to send an email to Optus customer manager (nikolas.nicholson@Optus.com.au) for assistance.

Good luck..

Kenny

New Contributor nori
New Contributor

Thanks Yeldarb, I called customer center and stoped charging from them.

0 Kudos
New Contributor nori
New Contributor

Thanks Kenny,

I called Optus customer center to stop charging by these dodgy companies. The guy called Jun was really helpful and he stoped charging from them. I lost nearly a thousand dollars too. Now I'll try to get my money back or making some action. because this is not right!  and I don't want to people losing money from these dodgy companies. I prefer to give my money people who need help not these guys.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Glad to hear they were able to assist you Nori! Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dicknshaz
New Contributor

We too have been hit with charges from MOBILEACTIVE for a suscription for "No Limits Games"  which we definately did NOT subscribe to. We called OPtus who were happy to Block the service but wont reimburse the charges! So I would say its off to the ACCC to complain or do we go to the TIO, what a waste of our time.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Dicknshaz you're the second person I read about this morning complaining about MobileActive. Premium SMS services like this, in my opinion, are no good. They're very easy to accidentally sign up to and generally have the law on their side.

One thing to note though is that Optus are only passing the charge on. They can't proactively prevent them from coming through (you have to request the block which sounds like is now in place) and they can't question the company. Instead of going to the TIO or ACCC I'd go after MobileActive directly. There should be a phone number listed on your bill. They're the ones aledgedly scamming you. If that fails then I'd contact the ACCC.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor nori
New Contributor

Yeah what a waste of our time. But I've been corrected documents I'll go consumer affairs victoria and police station to get some advice and report. It seems a lot of people (even doesn't matter which phone company they take like telstra or vodafone) have got same problem. 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Best of luck Nori. And great that you recognised that it's not just Optus. I can only assume all telco's are forced to participate in this given that they all do and regularily receive complaints about it. I would think if they had the choice they'd cut them off and save everyone the trouble.

ACCC would definitely be your best bet in my opinion. Not sure if the police will do much

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos