cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: extra charges

Sorry about that @CautionAhead. Feel free send send me your details here (full name, mobile number and date of birth) and I can block the service for you and organise a call back to contest the charges. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: unknown charge

I can't believe that Optus still allow this to happen! 

Like others i have seen on many posts dating back 4 years at least , i have been paying these fees for over 12 months without noticing. Thanks paperless bills and direct debit! The crazy thing is the date and time of these charges are happening when im either putting my kids to bed or are asleep my self. They all appear to be in the early evening or late at night............but apparently i have signed up to it. Go figure!

If it has been going on for so long why hasn't Optus or the Communications Ombudsmen stopped 8Z and other companies doing this? How are the Telcos making money from this? It begs the question whats the Cut of the fee for the telcos?

I have been promised a full refund from Optus due to the help of a very friendly and competent online chat assistant. I had a feeling i wasnt the first person who was complaining about the extra fees from 8Z.

As all my devices are out of contract in 3 months, i will paying a close eye on my refund and any extra hidden charges from Optus.

The only way to show these dodgy telcos that we are upset and have had enough of poor service is to vote with your feet and take your business else where and thats what i plan to do!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am new to Optus, forced to migrate from virgin mobile and my first bill has this service on it. Really terrible first time experience. Terrible company and yes I mean Optus you are terriblen. Will migrate away as soon as I can, 11 months to go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Mattswart - thanks for getting in touch.

Have you spoken to us about the charge? We can look into blocking these from further coming through as well as request a refund.

If you need assistance, please send me a private message confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB, so we can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors