Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: unauthorised third party charges

@Ron66, I don't think that's the case Ron.

I've sent you a PM with the amount I believe still needs to be refunded. I've offered to manually credit back this amount.

If you'd like to chat with us over PM, you're welcome to do so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Blockme2
New Contributor
New Contributor

I already got 2 bills since I first refuted the unauthorized charges! They are not doing anything to refund. Now they even block my account on this forum to speakup! Ridiculous company!

I will raise another issue with customers rights watchdog then, thanks optus! 

0 Kudos
Blockme2
New Contributor
New Contributor

My account seanbne88 is locked down by Optus to shut me up now, and they are giving me this:

‘funny ha...

2AE6B600-7780-4553-A110-A56CAAF415B2.png

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah right. Optus shut down its entire network to perform scheduled maintenance just so you couldn't say anything (except all the posts you keep making). 

funny ha....

You mention having two bills since refuting the scam yet haven't paid a bill for four months. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
KlemzigPaul
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan, i followed your instructions and i think i got a refund. i received a sms message from the third party (smartmag) stating that i will be getting a refund and a phone call from smartmag to check if received the sms. won’t know fore sure until my next bill. Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

Peter, that is arrant nonsense. Optus has clearly entered into an agreement with the scammers to act as the bagman and receive a monetary benefit by doing so. Optus will be very aware that many customers will not have "agreed" to these services and the forum clearly shows many customers have no idea what these services are. My contract for the supply of a service is with Optus not the scammers so it is not my responsibility to debate the issue in any form or fashion with the scammers. Any argument that Optus might put forward that they are simply the innocent "supplier" of the service and that the scammers are the bad guys is without merit. For Optus to attempt to argue that they did not know or could not have known that these MIA Live services was a thinly disguised scam has no credibility and if one were to believe such a proposterous proposition it would have to paint Optus as being stunningly naive. As far as the "continuity" of the scam goes it is my understanding that only new customers from the start of this year are "protected" from this scam, customers (and I use that term loosely) before that time are still being scammed. Is that correct or not. At any rate I have been offered a "credit" for half the amount Optus was trying to charge me, which I of course refused and now this morning another offer of more credit so we will see how it all plays out......Kind Regards Ron Grant

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Blockme2, I've sent a private message to both of your Yes Crowd profiles.

I've explained the refund process in a bit more detail and how it'd apply in your situation.

Let us know if they've come through.

@KlemzigPaul, glad I could help 🙂

If you need us to follow up or you have any other questions for us, please let us know and we'll gladly help out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Battymate
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same happened to me if it’s not fixed the accc will be contacted.                  

FreeMsg: Smartmag costs $15.00 for 1000 mobile content items. HELP:1800793904 aulp.smartmag.mobi/302-2/lpmf.ashx

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hi @Battymate - That's definitely not good to hear and we're really sorry. Could you please PM me Here your full name, mobile number and date of birth so I can look into this? We may need to have this investigated by the content provider. We can restrict further charges for premium services on our end. Once that is done there won't be further charges

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Batty,

It's not clear of any thing needs to be fixed. So far all that has happened is done on sent you an SMS? Have you actually been billed for anything on your Optus bill?

It looks illegal anyway as no mention of STOP in the SMS. If send STOP to the number and that should be the end of it. Let us know if it does appear on your bill.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos