Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Seanbne88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: unauthorised third party charges

I have been the victim of unauthorized third party charge(over 160 dollars)  in the recent months, called and chatted with Optus a few times and still have not received refund they agreed to. 

E3D500B2-284B-4E39-A193-CA7A69C30B7B.png6222CDCC-E764-4989-9C0A-F1E0A6EDB020.png

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

When did you have that chat? Have you got a bill since?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Seanbne88, I'm happy to check up on the progress of your refund.

The refund should be applied by the time your next invoice is due out. 

Feel free to send us a private message with your account details. 

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

This scam is still going on. I have not paid my plan bill for the last 4 months because of the charges that amount to in excess of $400 dollars. A week or so ago Optus promised to sort out the charges and get them removed. The bill day before yesterday came in with a 200 dollar credit. Contact Optus yet again, response is that's all well credit so now an impasse. My account has been suspended so just using prepaid SIM card which works fine. I am prepared to put a proposal to the likes of Maurice Blackburn Lawyers for a class action for all victims if I can get some support. Thousands have been robbed and I'm sure many other thousands have been robbed and don't know it .......yet. Ron Grant

Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kylie, don't be confident about the operator stopping charges. I was told the same thing by an operator a month ago and it didn't happen. Check your bills caarefully the scam goes on......Ron Grant

0 Kudos
Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chantelle, don't pay the account until a new one is issued with the charges removed...Ron Grant

0 Kudos
Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, yes me too more than 400 dollars. I have not paid my last 4 bills over this scam. A few days ago Optus sent me my next account with a 200 dollar credit. Rang Optus and said no way, they said that's all we'll offer so I'm still not paying bills until all scam charges are removed. My view is Optus are in breach of contract for charging me for unauthorised amounts and that my contract with Optus is null and void, however I'll let the TIO decide that.......don't pay them on the promise you'll get a refund, I'm proof that doesn't work and they'll throw you a bone and make it hard enough you will just walk away on the rest.....fight....Ron Grant

Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

hi Nina....don't pay your bill or you risk never seeing your money again. I have not paid my last 4 bills over scam charges which amount to more than 400 dollars and the best Optus has come up with is a 200 dollar credit. Optus are extremely difficult to get anyone in authority to answer hard questions. As a company they rely on the "All too hard" syndrome and deliberately perpetuate it particularly when it comes to third party/Optus scams.....Ron Grant

Ron66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paul, simply pay your plan amount and any other charges that are legitimate and not any of the third party charges and let Optus know that. Optus are caving in to all these third party unauthorised charge and crediting them but not happily because they are the bagman for the scam. I have not paid my last 4 plan bills and. Now Optus is offering me half the amount as a credit. Don't pay it and hope you get it back......Ron Grant

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The scam isn't still going on. You are dealing with the scam from four months ago. There are two seperate processes here. The scammers ask Optus to pay. Optus bills you. OI you don't refute the bill Optus paid the scammers. If you do refute the bill then Optus can stop the payment. 

After Optus pays the scammers the issue is with you and Optus. Optus will look to recover the money you agreed to pay. If you want to sue some one then you can go sue the scammers

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos