Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DesertRose2015
New Contributor
New Contributor

unable to make and receive call Vista X after unlock

I bought Optus X Vista phone and make unlocked from Optus Web site then after unlock the phone. I insert the Woolworths Sim card but am unable to make and receive calls on same phone but can text and receive text and connected to internet properly. I insert the Woolworths sim another unlock phone, it is working fine then i insert back in Optus X Vista but having same problem, I connect to Optus Help Line and they say it is unlocked and may be issue with Woolworths Network then i called them and they say it is OK from their end then they send me another replacement Sim Card and after using new Replaced Woolworths Sim card am facing same problem that I AM UNABLE TO MAKE AND RECEIVE CALLS FROM OPTUS X VISTA.  

For another go i inset the Optus sim card in the Optus X Vista then it works fine. 

Can anyone help me that how could i fix this problem that i can use Woolworths Sim card in my UNLOCKED OPTUS X VISTA PHONE??

I tried to MTK Engineering but unable to find any app work for my OPTUS X VISTA Phone.

Its  Model Z66210.

Thanks a million.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: unable to make and receive call Vista X after unlock

@DesertRose2015  Did you check if the phone is compatible with the Telstra Network that Woolworths use?  

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
DesertRose2015
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Tigers1719 I dont think so its compitable with Telstra and whats the solution would be. Because i dont know this issue could be arise. Neither i find the MTK Setting Code anywhere as well??

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@DesertRose2015  If you check the specifications of your phone and what bands it is compatible with   with the bands that Telstra use just to make sure.

Companies often get special models made of products and features are omitted.

I have seen notices on some Mobile Carriers Websites to check that your device is compatible with their service and they list a set of specifications bands and frequencies. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
DesertRose2015
New Contributor
New Contributor

Me..
i am looking for MTK Engineering Code for my Optus X Vista Model Z66210 bearing IMEI Number 864200040107311

ZTE
Hi Syed, thanks for your message. We are not here right now, but we'll get back to you Mon - Fri from 9am until 5pm. Please provide all your details, model number of the device you are contacting us about and explain what the issue is in detail. We cn then respond to you with the right details as soon as we see your message.

Regards,

ZTE Australia

MAY 20, 2020, 12:36 PM

Hi, you are OK to unlock the phone but it is only suitable to us on the Optus network. Woolworths uses the Telstra network so you will not get good coverage on Telstra (explanation to follow). Suggestion is to use an Optus based carrier reseller such as AmaySIM or DoDo. Thanks

If you purchase a Telstra or Optus network locked phone they are designed to be used on that carrier network only. If you unlock your device and try to use it on another carrier it probably wont work. Each handset is designed and optimised to work on its home carrier network and the frequency bands supported by the handset match their respective carrier. Telstra use 850 and 2100 MHz Optus use 900 and 2100 MHz So a Telstra phone with an Optus SIM card will only connect to 2100, and vica versa. The issue is 2100 is ONLY used for network infill and in metro / CBD areas. Outside of metro areas there is very little 2100MHz coverage. If you have changed carrier away from the home network provider then it is likely you will get SMS and data coverage only but be unable to make or receive phone calls.
Syed
Whats is MKT Engineering code for this phone??
After unlock and using Woolworths sim, i am only unable to make and receive call.

You dont need an engineering code and we dont release those. It will not change anything. Your hardware is designed for use on Optus, you are using a Telstra SIM. There is no way round that except changing the SIM card. You cannot switch bands on or off using Eng Mode. It is a hardware design that cannot be changed. Thanks
Syed
Ok. If i any sime which is using Optus network then it should work fine. Whether its Dodo or anyother

Yes it will be fine on any Optus reseller.
Syed
Thanks
0 Kudos