Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

trying to complete change ownership online but the form does not recognise my DOB

virgc

HI

Im trying to complete change ownership online but the form does not recognise my DOB. This doesnt make sense as I give the same DOB everytime I have to call optus and no issue. But the form wont send me the unique code as it doesnt recognise my date of birth. Error message below:

"Hmmm. The details you've entered don't match what we have in our system. Please check you have entered the Account holder details correctly or refer to the FAQs for more information."

Re: trying to complete change ownership online but the form does not recognise my DOB

Dan_C

There could be potentially be a mismatch on our end. We'd really need to go in and take a look.

Have you tried our Live Chat team? They'll be able to go in and confirm if the DOB you've provided them with match.

Personal → Mobile → General and billing 

If there's a mismatch, they'll ask for a scanned copy of your driver’s license. They'll then be able to make the change for you. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: trying to complete change ownership online but the form does not recognise my DOB

virgc

Hit

Thanks for responding, but yes of course I provided the correct date of birth, its the same DOB I have always provided. I even logged in to my Optus account to check. Also the Live Chat is only available via the Optus AP at the moment and then when I used this they told me they did not have the skill set to sort it out and I needed to speak to someone.

I spoke to 5 Optus folks today on the phone and was transfered to tech support at one stage, and they didn't  understand why I was put through to them. However, the lady was really good and organised a customer service rep to call me and eliminated the situation of having to repeat everything again.

So as to provide value here......it does appear to be very hard to complete this process, so start early as can take 3 weeks. Not so when they sign you up of course.

As it turns out my Optus phone service was supposed to be changed from postpaid to a prepaid a while back. This had not occurred and therefore the form I was filling out produced an error. I ended up working this out myself, but having said this the last customer service rep was great and went through all the options but didn't solve the problem. I have no idea how anybody who isn't IT savvy as I am would cope with this process.

So, if you are going to transfer an Optus mobile phone number:

1. Timing

a. Plan early as can take up to 3 weeks

b. Instant if you do a conference call with both parties and Optus

c. 10 days if using the online form

d. 3 weeks if manual paper form

e. You can go into a Optus store but this is slow also, around 3 weeks they say.

2/ Move the service from postpaid to prepaid so you do not incurr the other persons charges

3/ Fill out the form - https://offer.optus.com.au/service-hub/chown/

4/ The other party then needs the ID number from the email you recieve to go online and fill out their bit. This is because of security/fraud reasons, so even though it is a prepaid it makes sense.

Good Luck, I am just starting this process so perhaps I will inform the group as it progresses.

virgc

No response from yescrowd......

So I am still trying to complete this process. The issue that I have now is that the other party DOES NOT wish to take up an Optus service, all they want is the mobile number which I am happy to provide. However, all the forms, online and hard copy, ask the new owner for financial details and to sign up for the same service/plan I was on. But that is not what I am trying to do. All I need is to transfer the number with no Optus service. They are happy to to provide ID details etc as they ask for lots of info i.e. drivers licence, passport, but the other party doesnt want an Optus plan and there is no option to NOT fill this information out!!! If you don't you cant complete the transfer of mobile phone ownership process.

Also my friend who I am transfering the number to doesn't have a current passport so this is anothe fail! We cant complete the process without providing this. Ridiculous.

Optus needs a form for just number transfer without the service, it doesnt make sense!

If I don't get this sorted out in the next week I will put in a complaint to the Telco Ombudsman as its ridiculous.

Dan_C

Sorry @virgc, I can't always get back to threads right away.

I'm one of two moderators active on the forum. Can I get you to send us a private message? Happy to take a look.

I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos