cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Re: trouble validating prepaid SIM number, Err Msg: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Sorry about all the trouble @Epoch - if you still need a hand getting the service activated please get in touch here

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor matoow
New Contributor

Hi, I'm also getting PPACT-SIMVAL-0008.

The contact page you've provided doesn't work.

Pls. Help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @matoow - where did you get the SIM card from? Do you currently have a service with Optus?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ykfc
New Contributor

I have encountered a very similar problem. I bought two $10 prepaid sims from Coles, and I try to activate these sim cards online, and they all have error messages shown below:

"We are having trouble validating the SIM number, please try again or try using another SIM card. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008" .

I suspect the sim card serial numberdatabase may have some issues to be rectified by the Optus end.  The two sims were brand new and expiry date is 01 Jul 2018. 

Eventually I came into contact with Optus Yes shop but they couldn't help neither.   I was forced to buy a new $30 prepaid sim card and the activation was only successful.  I read this thread now and apparently Optus should be able to top up my workable sim card with the 2 x $10 credit of the non-working sim cards.  How and who should I now make contact to?

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hi @ykfc, could you send me a PM with your full name, number and DOB? If you could also include a snap of the receipt for the first SIMs you'd purchased that would be helpful 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors